Friday, June 2, 2006

My day at the TV Barbecue

(Is it just me, or have my posts gotten more unprofessional over time?)
I entered the Courtyard through the entrance near the main office. Thanks to Brandon Menninger for the heads up. Grabbed a burger and chips. Yummy.
Saw Tom Calvert and John Holmgren, told them I loved The Best of Tom and John. According to John, there will "probably" be a sequel to Interesting Drug. Bumped into Danny Woods, Ashley Wilhelm, Carissa Scuderi, and others. We talked Spin. I got some positive feedback for "Yet Another Editorial" and the usual movie reviews.
Watched all the bands. Silhouette Rising...I really like the new singer and sound. Thanks to James DiNanno for lending the other bands his drum kit.
Zephyr...kicked ass as usual. Matt McDonough's band (I forget the name)...well, I guess with Mike Wu out of SR, someone has to pick up the screamo slack. Dan Gerry's a good bassist. Matt - thanks for the Spin feedback. Really, I appreciate when people tell me I'm good, or even when they tell me I suck.
Then, my band, the Revivalists, played. As requested, I played the Mario theme, but my keyboard stand fell, causing me to loudly drop an F-bomb. Thanks to those who helped us out. Thanks to Noah, Brandon, and the other guys who stook around to see us.
I got more requests for stupid songs I know, and played the Zelda theme, Pokemon battle song, and "Yeah" by Usher. DC, Cory Jackson, and James DiNanno closed the show with a great cover of "Blitzkrieg Bop". Then Mr. Berecz kicked everyone out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.