Monday, September 24, 2007

Helicopters Fly Over Wakefield In Search of Missing

Starting at about 7:50 PM EST, I start hearing loud sounding Helicopters circling over my general neighborhood. With beaming red, green, and white lights, these Helicopters have not stopped making 360s --- and it is now nearly one hour later.

Out of curiosity, I called up the police and the policeman informed me that they are looking for a missing person in the woods. Not only am I having a tough time concentrating on my homework, but the whole idea of them looking for somebody via air does not make the most of sense. Don't they think that a couple on land rescue crews could do a better job than World War esque Helicopters?

I have talked to a few people and none can hear the sound or even see them. Use the comment utility to let us know if you can!

(Here is a picture of what they exactly look like at night)

Update: The 'copters finally stopped at about 9:15

1 comment:

  1. I went and saw them too. The point of the helicopter was to provide additional lighting to the ground units.

    Oh, and, apparently they found the guy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.