Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ranking Pizza In Wakefield

I haven't tried them all, so maybe the other Étudiant writers can help me out. Anyway, here are my grades for pizza in Wakefield.

Wakefield House of Pizza - Wakefield House easily makes one of the best, possibly the best, cheese pizza in the town. The cheese is a plenty and is melted perfectly. There is more cheese than the sauce, which is also good. The crust is crunchy. OVR GRADE: A

Greenwood Food Mart - I recently tried Food Mart after a recommendation from a fellow student. Since his recommendation in late August, I have gone to Food Mart at least once a week, every week. The slices are huge. One slice is the equivalent of what normally would be two and a half. The slices are very, very thin, but this is not a bad thing. The amount of cheese and sauce is about equal. The sauce can be a little spicy at times, especially if you are drinking soda along with your pizza. The crust is very crispy, but is thin. OVR GRADE: A

Nick's - Nick's is brand new -- less than two weeks old. I decided to try out their cheese pizza and it was really, really good and definitely different. I ordered a small cheese, which consisted of about 6 very small slices. The pizza is thin, in fact, thinner than Food Mart. Cheese overflows on this pizza and there is a small amount of sauce underneath. The crust is comparable to Wakefield House. I would best describe this as an above average combination of Wakefield House and Food Mart. I am definitely going to be eating there a lot. OVR GRADE: A-

Bellinos - I haven't been here in over a year, but I try my best to remember what it tastes like. To the best of my memory, I recall Bellinos cheese pizza as a more oily version of Food Mart's. It wasn't as good as Food Mart, but it certainly caught my attention. I don't know why I haven't been in a long time. OVR GRADE: B

Farmland Bakery - The pizza here is sufficient. Unlike the previous three places, the pizza here is cut up into squares. There isn't too much cheese on this pizza, as it is mostly covered in natural tomato sauce. The crust is burnt, well at least every time I go there. The bottom of the pizza is also at times burnt. This is not good. Once in a blue moon, I don't mind going here. OVR GRADE: B-

Nonnos - Nonnos is just your below average pizza shop. People are satisfied with their pizza, but if you say they are the best in Wakefield, you are kidding yourself. The sauce is all dried up and the cheese is just kind of there. The crust is chewy, soft, and large, which may be the only positive of this place. OVR GRADE: C-

UNRANKED:
Center House (Went at least five years ago, can't remember at all)
Greenwood House of Pizza
Morena Cucina Rustica
Pizza Express (Went about three years ago, but can hardly remember)
Piece O'Pizza (Don't know if it still exists)
Capri Pizza (Don't know if it still exists)
North Ave Diner (Don't know if it still exists)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.