1) Education - Obama doesn't support education vouchers. Education vouchers, more typically called school vouchers, allow parents to choose an appropriate school (public/private/independent/parochial/etc) to send their children to. With choice, schools have an incentive to improve their educational and innovative standards. Students who can't afford private schools under our current system would be given the option of attending one. Also, racial diversity would become standard; if you look at Wakefield Public Schools you will notice that a very small amount of METCO students are allowed to enroll. More and more minorities would be welcomed at a racially homogeneous school like WHS under a school choice system.
2) Health Care - Obama is a proponent of both universal health insurance AND universal health care. Universal health insurance is a human right and should be supported by all decent human beings. Universal health care is debatable to say the very least. The myriad of arguments arguing for and against UHC give an instant headache to anyone willing to read them. I'd like to think our current system offers high quality care even if it is at a large expense. The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act requires hospitals and emergency personnel to administer treatment to all regardless of one's ability to pay. In a government controlled system, there isn't a lot of incentive to improve standards.
3) Unclear Foreign Policy - Obama stated on July 15 that he hopes to bring a responsible ending to the War in Iraq. An early opponent to the war, he originally wanted troops out as soon as possible but later refined his position to pulling them all out by the summer of 2010. He also said he is open to revisiting that target once he becomes President. He also expressed interest in shifting his fighting concern to the Taliban and Afghanistan. While that might appeal to many people, it is more reasonable to not physically harm anyone.
4) Abortion - Obama almost fully (100%) supports a woman's right to an abortion. Consider this:
5) Gay Marriage: Like abortion, Obama fully supports homosexual unions and marriage. Refer to this:
There is a continuous holocaust occurring in America and we the people need to stop it. America was a unanimously pro-life nation for a very long time; in fact by 1875 every state in the US of A had laws that banned abortion. Margaret Sanger, a champion of eugenics who had connections with the Nazi Party, came along in 1916 and formed the Birth Control League. The BCL is now known as Planned Parenthood. More than fifty years later in 1973, Roe Vs. Wade legalized abortion on demand. Moreover, states couldn't prohibit abortion during the first three months.
Some of you pro-death advocates might be saying "those aren't babies that are being killed, but merely tissues." Let us step backward to fertilization and see if you guys are right. Upon fertilization, the sperm and egg have already formed up to 50 sets of DNA. This DNA is a determining factor in physical characteristics, personality, and intelligence. By Day 22, the baby's heart begins to beat and by this time his brain and nervous system should be near complete. By just the fifth week, the baby has taken shape. Need I go further? The little one develops so much in the early stages that there is no doubt that he/she is more than just a "tissue."
In 40 years, from 1965-2005 more than 500,000,000 babies were killed via surgical or chemical abortion. This is not even counting the 1,000,000 that were murdered before 1965. The methods of killing the unborn are outright gruesome, but need to be described to get the point across. Prisoners on death row who are presumably guilty don't even face the pains that the innocent unborn child does. Here are a few of the methods (Source: American Life League):Dilation and extraction (also known as D&X or partial-birth abortion): Used to kill babies well into the third trimester (as late as 32 weeks old), the abortionist reaches into the mother's womb, grabs the baby's feet with a forceps and pulls the baby out of the mother, except for the head. The abortionist then jams a pair of scissors into the back of the baby's head and spreads the scissors apart to make a hole in the baby's skull. The abortionist removes the scissors and sticks a suction tube into the skull to suck the baby's brain out. The forceps are then used to crush the baby's head and the abortionist pulls the baby's body out the rest of the way.Let us take, for example, a woman who has just aborted her baby. She got it over with and now expects to be relieved of the hardship of bringing up a child. But wait....are the hardships really over with? Emotional symptoms of abortion include Acute grief reaction, depression, and guilt. The chance of a woman being diagnosed with breast cancer increases 140% following an abortion. If the women decides to have a pregnancy in the future following an abortion, she is 600% more likely to suffer from Placenta previa, which is extreme and life threatening bleeding.
Prostaglandins: Used during the second and third trimester, prostaglandin abortions involve the injection of naturally produced hormones into the amniotic sac, causing violent premature labor. During these convulsions the baby is often crushed to death or is born too early to have any chance of surviving.
RU-486: RU-486 blocks the hormone that helps develop the lining of the uterus during pregnancy (progesterone). This lining is the source of nutrition and protection for the developing baby. The tiny boy or girl is starved to death and then a second drug, misoprostol, causes contractions so that the dead baby is expelled from the womb.
What about the "special cases"? These include, but are not limited to: rape and incest. As Judie Brown of the American Life League put it "Killing the child doesn't solve [the mother's] problem." "What if the mother's life is......." You can stop it right there. There is no such thing as a situation in which it is necessary to kill the baby to save mother. Ever.
A culture of death has plagued America and needs to be ended. People all often too often take for granted their own life. We all were born the same way that the unborn will be born. Thus I ask: is taking away innocent life ever justifiable? In every circumstance, the answer is no.
I hate to be the burster of bubbles, but research has suggested that Mendelian inheritance has not occurred in a family yet. Researchers who claim that you can be born gay also realize that environmental factors play a large role in determining homosexuality. Says researcher Dean Hamer of his findings: "We assumed the environment also played a role in sexual orientation, as it does in most, if not all behaviors..." (Hamer and Copeland)6) Death Penalty - Here is what Obama says: "While the evidence tells me that the death penalty does little to deter crime, I believe there are some crimes — mass murder, the rape and murder of a child — so heinous that the community is justified in expressing the full measure of its outrage by meting out the ultimate punishment." Rehabilitation and forgiveness are instrumental alternatives to shutting off somebody via death. Self-defense is the only reasonable justification of killing another.
Take a look at this major "twins study". Conducted by J.M Bailey and Richard Pillard, the study found that among a group of twins, 52% were found to be homosexual. In order for the genetic argument to work, 100% must be homosexual.
Also, look at transgender people. They are claiming that they were born transgender! If that isn't crazy, I really don't know what is! Transgenders and a whole bunch of other crazies (read: mentally disturbed) are pushing for rights. Pretty soon, interspecies-erotica will be legalized!
Gays today are being looked at as victims. The gay agenda is making people like me out as bad guys. Using the media and guilt, gay rights activists are portraying anti-gay rights activists as homophobic (clear example) and verbally militant.
7) Civil Liberties - The ACLU, such a ridiculous and incredulous source of disinformation, gave Obama a rating of 88% in this category. Actions speak louder than words; the man failed to support two bills that would close Gitmo.
8) Embryonic Stem Cell Research - Here is what Obama said a few years ago: "Democrats want this bill to pass. Conservative, pro-life Republicans want this bill to pass. By large margins, the American people want this bill to pass. It is only the White House standing in the way of progress - standing in the way of so many potential cures." I'm neither conservative nor Republican, but I am pro-life. I don't support embryonic stem cell research and neither should you. Adult stem cells, in most cases, are just as effective/more effective than their embryonic counterparts.