Wednesday, March 25, 2009

CD Review: Art Brut vs. Satan



Band:
Art Brut
Release: 2009

Comments: Only slightly a fan of Art Brut, I decided to give this album a try. Overall, the album falls under the genre of British pop-punk. Every song basically has me thinking the same exact thing every time: yeah you can play guitar really well and you talk instead of sing. But...so what? Nothing contained within this album blows me away. Seriously. Every song sounds the same, save for a few minute variations in speed. I was a little surprised to find out that Frank Black of Pixies produced this lackluster release. For starters, I can't make any parallels between the music of Black and Art Brut. The best track on Art Brut vs. Satan is "The Replacements." I'd expect no less, honestly. I came to a conclusion about Art Brut though. The singer, Eddie Argos, annoys the shit out of me. I can't stand him 'cept for maybe for a track or two tops.

Lyrics/Meaning: 7.8 out of 10
Rhythm/Pace: 7.0 out of 10
Musicianship: 7.5 out of 10
Quality Songs: 6.0 out of 10

Final Grade: 7.1 - Éverage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.