Wednesday, January 28, 2009

John Updike



I heard the news of John Updike's passing yesterday. At first, I said to myself "oh I never heard of him before." I then looked him up on Wikipedia and seemingly I had been at his page before. I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and what do I see but one purple link (indicating I've been to that page already). The link was to none other than A&P -- a short story I read earlier in the school year for English. Way back when, I thought it was great so I searched for the short film adaptation on YouTube and posted it here. So yes, in the end, I figured out just who John Updike was. God bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.