Thursday, March 20, 2008

Waltham Library finds homes for photos



His picture arrived in the mail at the Waltham Public Library in a small manila
envelope. The well-dressed stranger wore a dark pinstriped suit -
late-19th-century vintage. His hair was parted sharply at the left temple, his
starched collar crisp and white.
His photo carried the trademark of a Waltham
studio, called Brown, L.C. on Main Street, which hasn't existed for more than
100 years.
"Hello," the handwritten note accompanying the picture said.
"Don't ask me how I wound up in Sasser, Georgia! Would you please put me on
display in your library so my family can find me? Thanks! Sincerely, A Lost
Soul."
No! Now those embarassing photos from the Senior Show afterparty will get out! I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.