Thursday, May 28, 2009

Animal Collective Poem

Summertime Clothes (Animal Collective)

Never underestimate the 18-24 age group
Solid Souls filled the House of Blues
Squashed together to see
Panda Bear, Avey Tare, and Geologist

Buy the Ticket, take the Ride
A Fervent Fan cried
Fifteen to twenty minutes with my jaw dropped
As the trio bashed out electronic anthems
I pushed my way through a Sea of fans to get closer to the band
The dancing grew Wilder and Wilder than I had expected
Unlike anything else I had encountered before
The crowd was one giant hug fest
With everyone on top of each other
Sweating
At times obnoxious and unnecessary to the point that I was almost
Falling Over
But, Ultimately it was an amazing
Musical, Social and perhaps Spiritual
Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.