Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Saw God

I Saw God

I saw God
Or someone that looked a lot like him
He was no bigger than a mouse
I could fit him in my pocket, if I wanted to
I grabbed him by his tiny toes and demanded that he reveals his plans
He just slid out of my slimy mitts and scurried off into the night
“Come back here!” I hollered. “I have questions!”
But, God didn’t respond, he never does
He just bails on you, especially when you need him the most
So, I grinded my teeth and started to scour the earth for that worthless punk
As the hours passed, I remained alone
No one
No god
Never
Suddenly, I heard screaming from afar
As I came closer, I discovered she was trapped in a burning building
The shrieks grew louder and louder, so I raced inside
Then everything became obscure
I awoke outside and to my left was the girl laying beside me
I bent my head to the right and there was the tiny creature from before!
God’s love was only present when my love was present

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.