Monday, May 25, 2009

My Defense of Wearing Nike Sneakers

Phil Knight is no longer the CEO and labor conditions possibly have improved in the past decade, but these aren't reasons why I have chosen to wear Nike sneakers. I have chosen to wear Nike sneakers because I know that I won't be a serf to the Nike brand. I know I won't be enslaved under all things Nike. It's just a comfortable sneaker and while I do feel slightly ashamed that I am "endorsing" a product that was the work of a third world economic sweatshop block, I don't think I should be spited. The sneaks were only $45.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.