Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CD Review: Get Guilty (A.C Newman)

Band: A.C Newman
Release: 2009

1. "There Are Maybe Ten Or Twelve" - Grade: 8.4
2. "The Heartbreak Rides" - Grade: 8.0
3. "Like A Hitman, Like A Dancer" - Grade: 8.3
4. "Prophets" - Grade: 7.7
5. "Submarines of Stockholm" - 7.3
6. "Thunderbolts" - 7.3
7. "The Palace at 4 AM" - 8.4
8. "The Changeling (Get Guilty)" - 8.1
9. "Elemental" - 7.4
10. "Young Atlantis" - 7.2
11. "The Collected Works" - 8.3
12. "All of My Days and All of My Days Off" - 8.7

Final Comment/Grade: Grade: 7.9
A.C Newman is a poor man's Sam Roberts. See, I felt like I've heard most of these songs before. But I haven't. They don't really stick out. They are catchy, I'll give A.C that. The second half of the album is quite quite mediocre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.