Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CD Review: Beware

Band: Bonnie "Prince" Billy

Comments: Not going to lie, I'm not a fan of alt-country, generally speaking. "Beware Your Only Friend" is boring, despite its catchy strums and backing vocals. The farm style anthem "You Can't Hurt Me Now" is a slight improvement. The extremely slow "My Life's Work" is reminiscent of prime-time Johnny Cash. "Death Final" is better. "You Don't Love Me" is kind of fun. Okay, I'll admit it I stopped here. Bonnie just isn't my type. It would have been painful and silly for me to continue. In fact, someone reading this who is a big BPB fan is probably gearing up to type a long winded comment about how I got this review completely wrong.

Final Grade: 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.