Friday, November 16, 2007

A poem I wrote.


In English class, we wrote poems about ourselves. We had to describe our likes and dislikes, physical appearance, and dress, and have a few rhyming couplets in there. Mine is somewhat amusing...I think. Enjoy.

"Ben"

People say I’m crazy, but they said that about John Lennon, too.
That guy wasn’t crazy.
People aren’t always right.
Or are they?
I don’t know.
I don’t have social skills or common sense.
I have friends, but I’m clingy to them.
That freaks them out.
I can be mean without intending to be.
I try to be nice.
Some think I’m nice.
I’m a loudmouth, sarcastic class clown.
You can’t please everyone.
I’m weird. I’d much rather listen to
The Beatles,
I love that music,
Than Nickelback,
That stuff is whack.
Some say I’m a man in a boy’s body.
I look like just another Joe in a
Jacket,
Hat,
Jeans,
And sneakers.
I’m a big guy. They call me
BBT.
Big
Ben
Tan.
I like the blues, and classic rock.
Teenagers aren’t supposed to like that stuff.
But teenagers are crazy.
I think people are crazy.
And people think I’m crazy.
But now I’m not so sure.
This poem’s over. I can’t write any more.

1 comment:

  1. Brill.

    We might be soul mates. By that I mean, the same person. People don't call me a big man though, which is good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.