Thursday, April 24, 2008

33% of WHS grads at state schools needed remedial help


WAKEFIELD - One third of the 2005 graduates from Wakefield High School who went on to state colleges required remedial help in math, reading or writing, according to a report issued last week by the state Department of Education (DOE) and the Board of Higher Education.

Not to say that Wakefield High doesn't do a good job preparing us for college.
Statewide 37 percent of the freshmen in 2005 needed remedial help.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog
    post or vice-versa? My blog covers a lot of the same topics
    as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit
    from each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an email.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!


    my homepage - phanmemk9.webatu.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.