Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Top 25 Favorite Bands/Artists

These are my favorite bands and artists as of 4/24/08. Every single day, this list changes. In addition to numerically listing them 1-25, I have also put in parenthesis whether their stock is rising, falling, or simply staying put. Rising usually means that the band/artist is constantly being listened to by me. Bands usually rise when they put out new material or I discover some of their older material. Falling usually means that I haven't listened to the band a lot recently. A prime example would be the Pixies. They are one of the greatest bands of all time, but I simply haven't really listened to them much recently. As a result, other bands such as Animal Collective and Peter Bjorn and John have moved ahead of Pixies. Staying put usually means that I really haven't changed my listening patterns in terms of that band/artist. For instance, I listen to Radiohead every day, but not as much as say some of the rising bands. Here is the list:

  1. The Libertines
  2. Peter Bjorn and John (Rising)
  3. Radiohead (Staying Put)
  4. Animal Collective (Staying Put)
  5. The Pixies (Falling)
  6. The Walkmen (Rising)
  7. The Lovely Feathers (Rising)
  8. Editors (Falling)
  9. Kasabian (Staying Put)
  10. Arctic Monkeys (Rising)
  11. Sonic Youth (Falling)
  12. Tapes N’ Tapes (Falling)
  13. Babyshambles (Rising)
  14. Daniel Johnston (Falling)
  15. Fugazi (Staying Put)
  16. Mando Diao (Rising)
  17. The Strokes (Staying Put)
  18. Beat Happening (Staying Put)
  19. Pink Floyd (Falling)
  20. Page France (Falling)
  21. The Velvet Underground (Staying Put)
  22. Stellastarr* (Falling)
  23. Dirty Pretty Things (Rising)
  24. Wolf Parade (Staying Put)
  25. The Veils (Staying Put)

1 comment:

  1. Actually you have more major label bands than I thought, maybe cause most of them are simply labeled "indie." Either way I like all of the ones I've heard.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.