I know that Chris already had a quite humorous list up, but the difference here is that these things ACTUALLY HAPPENED. And instead of doing the whole list by myself, I'm going to make my own contribution and ask the rest of my fellow Ètudiants to put in their share.
Friday, August 29, 2008
1) Despite eight years of George Bush, a $9.6 trillion dollar deficit, a war started on false pretenses, a hurricane wiping out a famous city without the government batting an eye, loss of freedom through wiretapping and a redefinition of torture, it looks like the Democrats are so Godawful that they STILL can't come up with someone to beat a man with a voting record 95% similar to the presidents, more than anyone else.
2) A country actually successfully... err... actually bombed Russia (technically "South Ossetia"... whatever). WWIII here we come? No. NO ONE CARED.
3) I still haven't finished my summer assignments (GASP)
4) The Cubs and Tampa Bay currently have the best records in their respective leagues.
5) Large Hadron Collider...just... Large Hadron Collider
6) The U.S.'s biggest issue with the Chinese is currently that their athletes are too young (cough cough human rights cough cough)