You are probably going to disagree with some of the views presented here. What I am going to do is identify an issue, present to you the Catholic voters guide to voting view on the issue, and then I will give each candidate a percentage. The percentage will indicate how close a candidate's view is to the views presented in the guide. I think that all Catholics should use this invaluable guide in helping them vote in 2008. We make up 30% of the nation's voters!
- Abortion is the dominant political issue.
- Being pro-abortion disqualifies a candidate from a Catholic vote.
- Catholics can justly support politicians who advocate incremental means toward eliminating abortion.
- All instances of abortion are morally wrong.
- Joe Biden - Democrat - 33% - Disqualified
- Hilary Clinton - Democrat - 50% - Disqualified
- Chris Dodd - Democrat - 0% - Disqualified
- John Edwards - Democrat - 0% - Disqualified
- Mike Gravel - Democrat - 0% - Disqualified
- Dennis Kucinich - Democrat - 0% - Disqualified
- Barack Obama - Democrat - 0% - Disqualified
- Bill Richardson - Democrat - 0% - Disqualified
- Rudy Guiliani - Republican - 44% - Disqualified
- Mike Huckabee - Republican - 90%
- Duncan Hunter - Republican - 100%
- John McCain - Republican - 100%
- Ron Paul - Republican - 90%
- Mitt Romney - Republican - 66% - Disqualified
- Fred Thompson - Republican - 85%
- Alan Keyes - Republican - 100%
- William Koenig - Republican - 100%
- Don Grundmann - Constitution Party - 100%
- Jared Ball - Green Party - 0% - Disqualified
- Cynthia McKinney - Green Party - 0% - Disqualified
- Kent Mesplay - Green Party - 0% - Disqualified
- Kat Swift - Green Party - 10% - Disqualified
- Dan Imperato - Libertarian Party - 100%
* All "Disqualified" Candidates will not be included in future "Sizing Up" parts