Monday, October 29, 2007

Songs of the Week 10/29/07


Folk - Beirut - "After the Curtain"
R&B - Archie Bell and the Drells - "Tighten Up"
Country blues - Lightnin' Hopkins - "Katie May"
Pop - Count Basie and Joe Williams - "Nevertheless"
Rock - Prince - "Purple Rain"
Blues - John Lee Hooker - "Boom Boom"
Southern soul - Booker T. and the M.G.s - "Outrage"
Jazz - Herbie Hancock - "Chameleon"
Metal - Silhouette Rising - "Bad Habits"
Soul - Martha and the Vandellas - "Nowhere to Run"
Swing - Count Basie - "Easin' It"
Rap - Ax Murder Boys - "Scream My Name"
And just for Glen...
Horror-core - Insane Clown Posse - "If I Was a Serial Killer"

2 comments:

  1. Haha 'horror-core'
    Ben, I download all the ICP songs you post. I never even heard of them before you, but now I listen to them for fun. They have this pissed off humor type thing and I love it! keep pickin the good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, someone actually downloads my recommended songs? You rock, anonymous commenter. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.