Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What is the World Turning Into?!?!


This is outrageous. Today, I went to the Bank of America downtown in Wakefield and asked them if I could change my $20 dollars for sets of quarters. You usually expect QUARTERS from a QUARTER PACKAGE. But no... I got pennies, dimes, and even Canadian quarters in between the American quarters. At that moment I thought to myself, "this is B.S! the bank actually ripped me off!". Instead of going back into the bank and asking for my money back (since they wont believe me and say, "You probably swapped the coins just to get more money, kid"), I came here and now I am writing about the incident like a REAL, PROPER, CIVILIZED citizen of the town should.
This is just wrong, I mean really. I'm not talking about a random store I went in to get change, I actually went in a BANK that was in my town. This is preposterous, no excuses. If anyone doesn't think its abnormal, feel free to comment.

3 comments:

  1. Ryan, I hear you. Working as a cashier, I have to open packages of quarters, pennies, nickels, and dimes. I haven't found any lesser denominations in the quarters package, but I have found some dimes and nickels in the pennies. Sucks for the banks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck.... they gave you Canadian quarters... something's going horribly wrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, a Canadian quarter actually equals $0.26 American dollars right now. But the pennies totally shouldn't have been there.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued greatly. Please adhere to the decorum on the "First time here?" page. Comments that are in violation of any of the rules will be deleted without notice.

3/11 Update - No Moderation

*Non-anonymous commenting is preferred to avoid mix-ups. Anonymous comments are, at the behest of management, more likely to be deleted than non-anonymous comments.